Saint Valentine’s Day, often simply Valentine’s Day, is a holiday observed on February 14 honoring one or more early Christian martyrs named Saint Valentine. It was first established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD, and was later deleted from the General Roman Calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI.
The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished. By the 15th century, it had evolved into an occasion in which lovers expressed their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as “valentines”).
Modern Valentine’s Day symbols include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have given way to mass-produced greeting cards.
(Source article from Valentine’s Day on Wikipedia)
Here is one of the videos about the Valentine’s Day History :
How To Celebrate Valentine Day – Creatively!
Here are some Valentine Day ideas :
(1) Tell your dearest : “I Love You” – with sweet kisses!
(2) Search for special gift : “Love” Apple is one of the hot Valentine’s gift around!
(3) Look for partner : Blind date!
(4) Trying new type of Dating : Falling in love in water
(5) Just being with Soulmate : Just being with your love ones, that’s more than enough!
(6) Of course, Flowers : How can you forget this?
(Source pick up from Xinhuanet News)