Today is the last day of Chinese New Year. The fifteen days so far have been full of food, food and more food. I am positive my over extended waist line has already seen some extra centimeters. We were fortune enough to walk down Jalan Alor in Bukit Bintang to see the Dragon and Lion Dance. We only caught the Lion dance and it was breathtaking.
Last day is also known as Chap Goh Mei, in Malaysia this may also be known as Chinese New Year Valentines Day. This day is more celebrated by single people looking for a love partner.
Normally, single women would write their contact number on mandarin oranges and throw it in a river or a lake while single men would collect them and eat the oranges. The taste is an indication of their possible love: sweet represents a good fate while sour represents a bad fate.
This marks the end of Chinese New Year and It has been a grand experience, from the food to the people and customs,costumes. This was all right in the heart of Jalan Alor, by the Apple Hotel.
Hotel Contact Information :Apple Hotel,
No. 78, Jalan Alor,
55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : +603 – 2142 2288
Fax: +603 – 2141 1288
Latest Travel Tips
- PJ Live Arts Presents D’Arranged Marriage
- PJ Laugh Fest: Don’t Drop the Baby
- Broken Bridges – The Musical of Dreams
- French Art and Film Festival 2013
- Where to Stay in Kuala Lumpur?
- Top Quality Budget Hotel That Facilitates Luxurious Services
- Explore The Voguish & Trendy Style Of Shopping In Kuala Lumpur