Cheap Tourist Attractions in Kuala Lumpur
While we all love to travel, something that holds most of us back is our budget to do all the things we want to. This can lead to restrictions in our travel plans and often when we get there, we are stuck in our Hotel room watching boring Television. Sometimes it is the lack of information provided, other times it’s purely the budget of more like the lack of it.
Malaysia as we have so many times mentioned is a food paradise. Being a food paradise doesn’t necessary mean the food is cheap. Let’s face it, we all have to eat, drink to survive. In Malaysia, the food i cheap.
1. You can buy a meal for around USD 2. Now that is 6RM. A good Nasi Goreng or Mee Goreng with a drink will be in that price range. The Traditional Hot drink called the “Teh tarik” is around RM1 to RM1.50. Now that’s 50 cents.
2. Kuala Lumpur is well known for shopping. Shopping malls flood Bukit Bintang close to Jalan Alor. The more expensive go to places like Pavilion or even Mid Valley, around a 10 minutes from Jalan Alor. However a 15 minute walk will take you to Petaling Street, “China Town”. The street Hawkers are out in full force. Thou other night markets are available, this one is open day and night. Street Food is abundant, cheap and Hawkers are all willing to give you a Bargain as long as you are willing to get the right price.
3. Kuala Lumpur is a treasure trove of Architecture. For as little as RM10, you can get a daily pass on the Monorail. Take the Monorail to some of the oldest buildings built in British Architecture. Check out the new buildings, specially the Petronas Towers, To get great scenery photos, you can go across to Traders Buildings, jump up to 35th floor for free and take photos of the Kuala Lumpur with a wonderful view. Malaysia is a Muslim country and has some of the most beautiful Mosques around. Simply walk around the city to get some great holiday snaps.
4. Take the bus to Melaka for the day. The bus there is very cheap, around 10 USD and you get some cheap and fantastic food there. If you have a bit more of a budget, get see the fire flys in Kuala Selangor. It is simply amazing. You can get a day trip sorted out for this place that includes Monkeys, Eagle Feeding , dinner and the wonderful Fireflies. For more information visit send us a email on email@example.com.
5. I saved the best one for last, well, the best one in my books. When you fly into Kuala Lumpur, A taxi will set you back around RM80. Why not take the Skybus for RM9, that’s right 3 USD. It will take you KL Sentral and you can connect to Bukit Bintang simply for another 30 cents USD through the Monorail. A short walk and your at Apple Hotel in Kuala Lumpur.
Jalan Alor caters for tourist so the food is a bit expensive avoid table clothes, sure sign that you will more than local rates. Avoid Taxi drivers if you can. They will charge mad prices, 5 times the local rate. I know I have missed some things, what do you think, can you do Kuala Lumpur on a Budget.
- We would like to hear from you! Feel free to leave your comments below!
Hotel Contact Information :Apple Hotel,
No. 78, Jalan Alor,
55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : +603 – 2142 2288
Fax: +603 – 2141 1288
Latest Travel Tips