Chinese Zodiac Story
Do you know how does Chinese Zodiac created? Here is the story of Chinese Zodiac.
There are several legends about how the animals were chosen for the Chinese zodiac. This is one of them. The Jade Emperor is the name of the Emperor of Heaven. Long ag o, in China, the Jade Emperor decided there should be a way of measuring time. On his birthday he told the animals that there was to be a swimming race.
The first twelve animals across the fast flowing river would be the winners and they would each have a year of the zodiac named after them. All the animals lined up along the river bank. The rat and the cat, who were good friends, were worried because they were poor swimmers. Being clever they asked the strong ox if he would carry them across the river.’Of course’ said the kind ox. ‘Just climb on my back and I will take you across. ‘The rat and the cat quickly jumped up and were very excited when the ox soon took the lead in the race.
They had almost reached the other bank when the rat pushed the cat into the river leaving him to struggle in the water. Then just before the ox was about to win the race the rat leapt on his head and on to the bank to finish first. ‘Well done,’ said the Jade Emperor to the proud rat. ‘The first year of the zodiac will be named after you.’The poor ox had been tricked into second place and the second year of the zodiac was named after him.
- We would like to hear from you! Feel free to leave your comments below!
Hotel Contact Information :Apple Hotel,
No. 78, Jalan Alor,
55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : +603 – 2142 2288
Fax: +603 – 2141 1288
Latest Travel Tips
- PJ Laugh Fest: Don’t Drop the Baby
- Broken Bridges – The Musical of Dreams
- French Art and Film Festival 2013
- Where to Stay in Kuala Lumpur?
- Top Quality Budget Hotel That Facilitates Luxurious Services
- Explore The Voguish & Trendy Style Of Shopping In Kuala Lumpur
- Tried And True Tips For Planning A Trip The Right Way